Thank you very much, I am eagerly looking forward to these docs.

Adding the -B flag when executing MavenCli.main() solved the JLine problem.
The JLine problem occurs only when the -o flag is also used.

When using the PlexusTestCase in combination with 'lookup( Maven.ROLE )', the
JLine problem appears again.
It appears that the constructor of the DefaultMaven class is constructing the
InputHandler.
For now, I can live with this and will wait for the documentation on embedding
Maven.

Greetings,
Peter