Hi,

I don't know if it's of any interest to you, but I managed to use the
newly released WTP (http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/ )to do just that.

I like WTP a lot as with my setup it seems much faster/stable than myEclipse
for jsp editing.

Moreover the deployement is much closer to a real one because it allows
you to build the dependant jars and use the maven repository, as maven would
do,
but within eclipse.

With WTP you get a real build process to a have a working webapp
(copy files across, assemble jar, copy maven dependencies).

WTP also deploys the webapp to the webserver of your choice (tomcat included)

But it doesn't come free, you have to configure this build process in a new
format (.wtpmodules). It's still a bit of a pain to configure, but I think it's
worth the effort.

What would be nice is to have either the eclipse maven plugin or
the mevenide eclipse plugin updated to generate/synchronize those .wtpmodules
for you.

details at http://roumanoff.blogspot.com/

cheers,

Patrick

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act
in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of
them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any
attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may