[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi
I've got a problem. My maven.dependency.classpath is empty. My
maven.repo.local shows correct dir. I've checked .maven/repository and it
is not empty. I can't use libs from .maven/repository. I'm using
maven-1.0.2 on linux. Plz help.

Sebastian

Sebastian,

I take it that you have added dependency entries to your project.xml file, yes? It may be that your POM (project.xml) has its tags in the wrong order.

You might want to try "maven pom:validate" and see if that produces error messages. A more extreme approach is to replace the leading project tag with the following and running a validating XML parser on your POM file. When either or both of these runs clean, you ought to see dependencies.

<project xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-project-3.0.0.xsd";>

You might also want to try the ant pathconvert task, as a path is not a property and can't be displayed via <echo> but a property converted from a path can be displayed.

You could also try "maven -X" which triggers debug mode and will produce voluminous output. If you tried "maven -X jar" you should see lines which begin "adding dependency" where jars declared in the POM are loaded into the project classloader.

There is a poor example of a Maven 1 POM at http://maven.apache.org/start/ten-minute-test.html

I say that its poor because it will not pass pom:validate, and it certainly doesn't match the Maven 1 schema, but it does show how to enter dependencies.

I hope that this helps.