Hi Sid,

you would require a plugin that maven can execute during the generate-sources step of the lifecycle.

You would configure your plugin into your pom a bit like this for xdoclet:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-xdoclet-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <executions>
    <execution>
      <phase>generate-sources</phase>
      <goals>
        <goal>xdoclet</goal>
      </goals>
      <configuration>
         <tasks>
           <ejbdoclet>ejbdoclet stuff</ejbdoclet>
         </tasks>
      </configuration>
    </execution>
  </executions>
</plugin>

Check out the docs on the maven website about writing plugins, which is where you would do your code generation.

HTH
Adam