Just want to make sure I've got this straight.

- I have two active, rapidly changing, projects, A & B, I'm going to
build and deploy to an in-house remote repository.
- B depends on A.
- Currently, A's <currentVersion> is 1.0
- Currently, B's dependency for A uses a <version> of 1.0
- A will get built and deployed with the 'jar:deploy" goal, which will
place A-1.0.jar in the in-house remote repository.
- The first time B gets built, A-1.0.jar will get pulled from the
in-house remote repository to the users local repository.
- Each time thereafter, when B gets built, it will use that original
version of A-1.0.jar in the local repository, even though A-1.0.jar
have changed multiple times in the in-house remote repository.

To get around this, I need to:
- Change B's dependency on A to use a <version> of SNAPSHOT

Questions:
1. Do I need to use jar:deploy-snapshot when building A?  Or, is Maven
smart enough to just check the timestamp of A-1.0.jar in the local
repository against the one in the in-house remote repository and
download it again if it is newer?  I think the answers are "Yes" and
"No", respectively.
2. Do I need to change A's <currentVersion> to 1.0-SNAPSHOT?  Or is
jar:deploy-snapshot smart enough to name the snapshot JAR
appropriately?  I think the answers are "No" and "Yes", respectively.

--
Jamie Bisotti
Software Engineer