On 8/18/05, Allison, Bob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What is the correct scope to make this
> work (or do I need to explicitly state the dependency on log4j in the
> logging project)?

Sounds more like a bug in the javadoc plugin. Redeclaring will work as
a workaround, but please file a JIRA issue.

> Is this configured properly so that the log4j and log4jext jars won't
> get packaged into the war file?

You'd need to redeclare the ext jar in the WAR's POM with scope
"provided". But also, you should read the docs on the log4j site about
why putting log4j into the container is a bad idea (and even better,
read the info Jason sent here).

Cheers,
Brett