I am trying to get a simple multiproject maven pom to build under
continuum and I'm have no luck.  I either fail with the error below or
something about how extend cannot be used.

java.lang.NullPointerException: The scm url cannot be null.
        at
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.DefaultScmManager.makeScmRepository(Default
ScmManager.java:93)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.checkOut(DefaultConti
nuumScm.java:55)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.CheckoutProjectContinuumAction.ex
ecute(CheckoutProjectContinuumAction.java:51)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(
DefaultBuildController.java:125)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.exec
uteTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$Execut
orRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

If someone could take a look at my psuedo example files or point me to
an example that works, I'd be much obliged...

Here is a description of my environment:
Maven 102
Debian
Java 1.4

Base directory with project.xml, maven.xml and project.properties
Common directory with project.xml and project.properties
Component directories with their own project.xml, maven.xml and
project.properties

Base Directory Files:
--[Project.xml]---------------------------------------------------------
-
<project>
  <extend>Common/project.xml</extend>
  <artifactId>bc</artifactId>
  <name>basecamp</name>
  <shortDescription>BaseCamp Skeleton</shortDescription>
  <description>
    This is a skeleton for the basecamp project
  </description>

<repository>

<connection>scm:svn:svn://svn/repository/projectx/Main</connection>
        <url>svn://svn/repository/projectx/Main</url>
</repository>
</project>
--[Project.properties]--------------------------------------------------
-
maven.multiproject.includes=*/project.xml
maven.multiproject.excludes=Common/project.xml
maven.scm.url:svn:svn://svn/repository/projectx/Main

Common Directory Files
--[Project.xml]---------------------------------------------------------
-
<project        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-project
-3.0.0.xsd">
        <pomVersion>3</pomVersion>
        <id>Common</id>
        <name>Common</name>
        <groupId>basecamp</groupId>
        <currentVersion>1.0</currentVersion>
        <organization>
                <name>Iron Mountain Digital</name>
            <url>http://internal/wiki/Main_Page</url>
            <logo>http://internal/images/logos/im_logo.gif</logo>
        </organization>
        <inceptionYear>2005</inceptionYear>
        <description>test of basecamp</description>
        <shortDescription>test</shortDescription>
        <url>http://internal/wiki</url>
    <repository>

<connection>scm:svn:svn://svn/repository/projectx/Main/Common</connectio
n>
    </repository>
        <siteAddress>svn</siteAddress>

<siteDirectory>/home/mavenexprep/site/projects/${pom.groupId}/${pom.arti
factId}</siteDirectory>
        <developers>
            <developer>
                <name>Peter Kahn</name>
                <id>1</id>
                <email>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</email>
            </developer>
        </developers>

        <build>
                <nagEmailAddress>[EMAIL PROTECTED]</nagEmailAddress>
        </build>

    <reports>
        <report>maven-jdepend-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-checkstyle-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-junit-report-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-linkcheck-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-pmd-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-simian-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-tasklist-plugin</report>
        <report>maven-dashboard-plugin</report>
    </reports>

    <properties/>

        <dependencies>
                <dependency>
                        <groupId>maven</groupId>
                        <artifactId>maven-scm-plugin</artifactId>
                        <version>1.5</version>
                        <type>plugin</type>
                </dependency>
        </dependencies>
</project>

--[Project.properties]--------------------------------------------------
-
maven.xdoc.date=left
# repository settings
maven.repo.remote=http://internal/internalrepos,
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven
maven.repo.list=Experiment
maven.repo.Experiment=sftp://internal
maven.repo.Experiment.directory=mavenexprep
maven.repo.Experiment.username=mavenexprep
maven.repo.Experiment.group=svn
maven.site.deploy.method=ssh
maven.username=mavenexprep
maven.ssh.executable = plink
maven.scp.executable = pscp
maven.junit.fork = true
maven.changelog.factory = org.apache.maven.svnlib.SvnChangeLogFactory
--
Peter Kahn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]