Hi,

I'm setting up Maven 1.1-beta-1 for a project I'm working on. I'm using a couple of jar files provided to me by a third-party vendor. These jar files don't have version numbers, so I'm not quite sure how to list them as dependencies in project.xml. Right now I have for 'bar.jar'

    <dependency>
        <groupId>foogroup</groupId>
        <artifactId>bar</artifactId>
    </dependency>

However, when I run 'maven jar', I get an error message:

WARNING: Failed to download bar-null.jar.

So is there anyway to tell Maven to not append "-null" to this dependency?

I looked at http://maven.apache.org/using/managing-dependencies.html and saw that you can add override directives, but it appeared to me that using these would mean that your jars wouldn't be handled by the repository in the same way as normal dependencies.

Any help would be appreciated.