I'm not sure of the reasoning behind setting the local repo to a user's home directory.

But I do know that you can setup the local repository to any directory using project.properties file (settings.xml for m2, also found in user directory).

So you need only to set it up to a common directory and all the users will be using that as the local repository.

bw t wrote:

Hi all,

I wonder why the repository dir that contains all the jar files is placed in a user's home dir ?

/home/username/.maven/repository/...

If this Linux system is to be used and shared among a few ppl,
aren't these jar suppose to be common stuff for all ?

Why should each user have their own copy of ..say, log4j-1.2.8.jar ?

Thanks.