While we tend to sync up releases with the core versions, it isn't
always going to be the case - plugin releases are independent. So it
is more accurate to say that if you want a plugin that is not yet
released, you need to build it from source (at this point we have not
been publishing nightlies, though we should be).

There is no tasklist plugin for m2 - it was extended by Fabrice to
become the "taglist" plugin.

We're expecting to be doing a whole round of preliminary releases of
the new reports soon. You can see our progress here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+Plugin+Matrix

Hope this clears it up!

Cheers,
Brett