> it. We tend to check in our j2ee stuff for compilation purposes (and
> call it jsdk-24.jar, for example). We never deploy it (Resin takes
> care of providing the implementation).

Both the naming of the jar and your description of its use implies that
you want servlet-api-2.4 and maybe jsp-api-2.4, not j2ee-1.4.

they came up with for Sun jar files, so your dependency will work on
other folks repository as well:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/standard-sun-jar-names.html

I'd say there is probably nothing stopping you from copying Resin's
implementation of servlet-api-2.4 and jsp-api-2.4 into your repo,
instead of wading through the JavaEE SDK for them.

  -- /v\atthew