Title: [M2] - The value of ${basedir} has changed?

Hei,

I have recognised that the evaluation of ${basedir} has changed from my Maven2 build on 23.august to the one I downloaded and built on 29.august.

Building with Maven2 of 23.august would give the value of the actual directory where the POM is situated also when this POM is deep down in a hierarchy of POMs. But now I see that ${basedir} evaluates to the directory of the highest POM that is run in the hierarchy.

A plugin configuration in the POM in directory "C:\work\nims\main\j2ee\incatel-nims\nims-webservice\nims-webclient-dto" is like this:

                <configuration>
                    <output>${basedir}/src/main/java</output>
                </configuration>

Result log from using 23.august build of Maven2:

"output: C:\work\nims\main\j2ee\incatel-nims\nims-webservice\nims-webclient-dto\src\main\java"

Result log from using 29.august build of Maven2:

"output: C:\work\nims\main\j2ee\src\main\java"

And of course, my application build breaks. My question then:

Is this an unintended side effect of a change (bug) or will basedir from now refer to the highest level in the POM hierarchy that is run? If so, how do I refer to the actual directories of the other POMs?

Best regards
Tore Larsen
Senior Software Engineer
Incatel