Hi

I'm new to Maven 2 and enjoying it very much thankyou for asking ;)

I'm trying to create a servlet project for eclipse using the eclipse:eclipse task and therefore have added a dependency to the pom to servletapi (side question: should I be using servletapi or servlet- api). So far so good, but when I install the app, I get a copy of the servlet jar in my war file, obviously not what I want since Tomcat is already supplying the library.

Then I changed the scope to runtime which worked fine, but now I no longer see the servlet jar in my eclipse project after running eclipse:eclipse.

So is there a scope I can use so that I will always see the dependencies in my eclipse project? Or maybe the eclipse:eclipse task could do with a mod?

Cheers
AW