From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 03, 2005 3:16 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Best practices for release and version management?

David,

I understand that you're deploying your snapshot versions for your projects in
your internal repository, but I don't fully understand your environment (or
maybe Maven's way of working)... let me explain:

I understand that you can publish snapshot versions of artifacts under
development that are used across projects using a checked out source tree of
those artifacts. The problem comes when you have several developers working on
a project and using artifacts that are private to that project, and where
several developers may be changing the same artifact (think of two different
developers working on two different EJBs in the same artifact, or two different
parts of a web interface).
In this case you cannot publish that artifact until changes are comitted, and
every developer must use her own snapshot copy of the artifact with her local
changes that must be taken from her local repository. It's in this case that I
don't want those artifacts to be taken from any other repository. How do you
handle this, or how do you configure Maven to tell that those artifacts should
only be taken from the developer local repository?

Best regards
Jose