Guys thanx for your help.

so I wrote a .sh script to generate build.properties
with my depency list.  Every line looks like

somedep.jar=/source/to/jar/somedep.jar

unfortuneately when  I run maven ant, it still sets
src to
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/springf
ramework/jars/spring-1.1.5.jar

(this is in the section with all the get dest
statements.

remember, im using linux, with the latest stable
version of maven and the latest ant plugin.

--- Arnaud HERITIER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Thanx for the quick reply.  Yes, I am using 1.0.2.
>  I shoudl
> > be able to specify maven.ant.use.properties int
> the
> > project.properties file, correct?
> yes
>

> > Also, the doc on the website says this is supposed
> to be the
> > default behavior.  Furthermore,that commandline
> doesnt
> > produce the desired result.
> :-(
>

> > We have a picky client who doesnt want deps
> downloaded.
> > Otherwise we wouldnt be modifying the properties.
> ;)
>
> you can try to define a property for each dependency
> For example if you depends on commons-collections
> you can store the jar in a lib directory in your
> project and in your
> build.properties you set the following property (if
> it works :-( ) :

commons-collection.jar=${basedir}/lib/commons-collections-3.0.jar