From: Brice Copy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 September 2005 13:52
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: re: Launch Jboss in a Separate Thread from Maven 1.0-rc3

Richard,

>I have an ant task that I am running in maven to launch Jboss in a
>separate thread but this does not appear to work for some reason - here

>is the task.

I haven't been able to spawn processes that outlive the maven process,
but maybe the jelly THREAD tags would help (though I've never used
them).

I guess it's not so easy to achieve, Cargo for instance keeps Maven
running as long as the application server is up.

Also, you might want to try the CARGO plugin - it provides a unified
interface for many application servers and is very simple to use (once
you've gotten over understanding the large number of options it
provides).
http://cargo.codehaus.org/

Best regards

Brice