Mick,

Looking at the stack trace you included, I think that 1 scenario that accounts for the trace is:

1) springgraph was attempting to invoke an xslt stylesheet on your applicationContext.xml file 2) the xslt processor is looking for the spring-beans.dtd. XML processors often have a catalog capability, which allows a configuration to store objects that are normally remote locally - sort of like a maven.repo.local - that's being described in the line resolveEntity 3) the xslt processor doesn't find a matching catalog entry, so it attempts to connect to www.springframework.org, that seems to have timed out

I imagine that you may have executed this again since the failure and it may well have worked. I was just able to access the dtd from www.springframework.org with no difficulty.

I will also tell you that I regularly experience timeouts when my machine attempts to contact Ibiblio - it isn't necessarily about your connection as much as it is likely to be the remote host and/or possibly the intervening network path - if the remote host is overloaded, that can lead to timeouts - if the network path is congested that can lead to timeouts

of course if your machine is overloaded, that can also lead to timeouts :-)

When ever I get network timeouts I always try again, because unless some critical part of the network path or the remote host is down, outages ought to be temporary

Settings\mknut01\.maven\cache\maven-springgraph-plugin-0.1\plugin-resources\springgraph.xslt

   [xslt] [DEBUG] resolveEntity: '-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN':
'http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd'
   [xslt] [DEBUG] No matching catalog entry found, parser will use:
'http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd'
   [xslt] : Fatal Error! java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed
out: connect Cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out:
connec
   [xslt] Failed to process
C:\opt\local\blackhawk\FastForward_AppServer\fastforward\ff-war-subproject\src\conf\web\xml\applicationContext.xml