Basically, we are trying to depend upon an Eclipse Plugin.  Some plugins
exist as directories instead of as a jar file though they are often zipped
for distribution.  For example org.eclipse.tomcat_4.1.30.1 is a directory
containing, among other things,  23 jars.

Project A provides some interface, so clients only know they want to
depend on A  The fact that A provides the implementation as multiple
nested jars is a detail that clients shouldn't know or care about.

These nested jars could be subprojects (and judging by the replies, should
be).  One use case is to take an existing Eclipse plugin and describe it
with a pom so that we can depend on it.

-Andrew

Jesse McConnell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 09/13/2005
08:27:05 PM: