Actually, I do all my development on a linux platform, except for the
build I ran earlier that uncovered this same problem. I'm working on it,
but I'm not entirely sure where to start, since it doesn't really say
what the offending class is...looks like a problem peculiar to OS X.

- -john

Ashley Williams wrote:
| It looks as though its finding the correct jar but there's now a  build
| exception which doesn't yet make much sense to me. Had a quick  look at
| the ClassLoader source and it looks as though sun don't like  you
| the mac platform I don't know - but it looks as though the test
| currently relies on windows specific behaviour.
|
| org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Error executing surefire
|         at org.apache.maven.test.SurefirePlugin.execute
| (SurefirePlugin.java:234)
|         at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo
| (DefaultPluginManager.java:357)
|         at
| org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals
| (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:479)
|         at
| org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifec
| ycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:452)
|         at
| org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal
| (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:438)
|         at
| org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
| DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
|         at  org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute
| (DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:131)
|         at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:186)
|         at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:302)
|         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
|         at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
| (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
|         at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
| (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
|         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
|         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced
| (Launcher.java:315)
|         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
|         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode
| (Launcher.java:430)
|         at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
| Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name:
java.lang
|         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:524)
|         at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass
| (SecureClassLoader.java:123)
|         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
|         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
|         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
|         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
|         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
|         at org.codehaus.surefire.IsolatedClassLoader.loadClass
| (IsolatedClassLoader.java:45)
|         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java: 302)
|         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
|         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
|         at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass
| (SecureClassLoader.java:123)
|         at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
|         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
|         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
|         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
|         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
|         at org.codehaus.surefire.IsolatedClassLoader.loadClass
| (IsolatedClassLoader.java:45)
|         at org.codehaus.surefire.SurefireBooter.run
| (SurefireBooter.java:73)
|         at org.apache.maven.test.SurefirePlugin.execute
| (SurefirePlugin.java:229)
|         ... 16 more
|

| On 15 Sep 2005, at 20:09, John Casey wrote:
|
| I've implemented a fix that *should* work based on your suggestion
| below. However, it will still break for non-Sun, non-Apple JVMs, so I
| need to think about fixing it for the long run, and for other JVMs...
|
| Try it now, and let me know.
|
| Thanks,
|
| john
|
| Ashley Williams wrote:
| | It would be great if it0063 got fixed as it prevents a  successful
| build
| | of m2 on the Mac, looking for a non existent tools.jar file.  How
| about
| | defining a system property in the pom like so
| |
| |     <dependency>
| |       <groupId>jdk-tools</groupId>
| |       <artifactId>jdk-tools</artifactId>
| |       <version>1.4.2</version>
| |       <scope>system</scope>
| |       <!--systemPath>${java.home}/../lib/tools.jar</systemPath-->
| |       <systemPath>$TOOLS_JAR</systemPath>
| |     </dependency>
| |
| | and in the bootup script look for darwin and set it accordingly:
| |
| | export TOOLS_JAR=$JAVA_HOME/../Classes/classes.jar
| |
| |