On Sep 19, 2005, at 3:07 PM, Miks Rozenbergs wrote:

Hello!
Let's say I have 3 directories, each containing a Java project that I'm
developing in Eclipse:
[my.app.runtime]
[my.app.ui]
[my.app.utils]
"my.app.utils" is used (imported) in both "my.app.runtime" and
"my.app.ui". I somehow was under impression that it will be possible to tell that "my.app.runtime" depends on "my.app.utils" and that "my.app.ui" depends on "my.app.utils" and the rest will be handled by Maven -- e.g.
when I'm running "m2 compile"  in [my.app.runtime], Maven will first
copile "my.app.utils", then will add it to "my.app.runtime" class path and
will compile "my.app.runtime".
Unfortunately I could not find how to do that. I know about modules, but that's IMHO adds a lot of extra work -- creating another pom.xml, adding <parent> tag to pom.xml's in my.app.runtime, my.app.ui and my.app.utils.
Comments? Suggestions?

Hi,

You need some way of connecting them together. If you don't have a parent project, then they are just three independent projects. Then you must put the dependencies in the repository manually. You should look into creating a parent POM, <modules> are easy to use (and not a lot of work) and things like dependency management is very nice.

--
Regards,
Kristian

Best Regards.