That's basically what I need also. I'm writing a plugin to execute a 3rd
party's java command line, so a simple maven-java-plugin would save a *A
LOT* of work. This would allow me to concentrate on handling/validation the
configuration and I then pass the command and classpath to the java plugin
and I'm done. Unless the devs are starting to think like Apple (where
software thinks its smarter than you), I don't see how allow users to
execute code is bad. It's simply another form of execution. What it
exeecutes is my concern I feel.

Wb