Please file a JIRA request for the command line entry, that should be
possible now. Mostly we use private keys without a passphrase for this at
the moment.

I'm not aware of why it might be hanging. Can you scp the file to the remote
server outside of Maven? Does the ssh server logs show anything of
assistance?

- Brett