I am unable to figure out why when I run m2 with a test target the
tests are executed with a nearly empty classpath. I have setup all my
dependencies with the appropriate compile or test scope but these
are are not being reflected in the classpath during execution. e.g. I
added the following to my test case :

System.out.println("--------------------------------------------------------------------");
System.out.println(System.getProperty("java.class.path"));
System.out.println("--------------------------------------------------------------------");

Here's what I get in the output
/usr/local/maven/core/boot/classworlds-1.1-alpha-2.jar

My relevant <plugin> snippet in pom.xml is as follows :

           <plugin>
               <executions>
                   <execution>
                       <phase>test</phase>
                   </execution>
               </executions>
               <goals>
                   <goal>
                       <id>test</id>
                       <configuration>
                           <!--
                           <test>**/Test*</test>
                           -->
                           <includes>
<include implementation="java.lang.String">**/Test*</include>
                           </includes>
                       </configuration>
                   </goal>
               </goals>
           </plugin>

Any suggestions what could be going wrong ?

Thanks
Dhananjay