Hi Achim,

In <goal>, you must specify the goal of the plugin you are configuring, not the
one of the phase you are using (if this ever makes sense). You are configuring
maven-antrun-plugin, so you should use <goal>run</goal>.

Look into this file (source code) :
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/components/trunk/maven-core/src/main/resources/META-INF/plexus/components.xml?view=markup

In org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutor component, you have the list of
the existing phases, and their order of execution. As you guessed, the site
phase doesn't exist.

Then, each org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMapping component
defines, for a given artifact type, what plugins are called for each phase. You
can see that the site plugin is never called.

I don't exactly know what you are trying to achieve, but you can try to :
 * use another phase, if possible
 * edit components.xml (unguaranted, I never tried it myself)
 * edit the site plugin

HTH,
Yann