On 26/09/05, Stephen Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I didn't see this discussed anywhere.  Are there plans to bring back
> this functionality on the Maven 2 plugin?  If so, is there a proposed
> timeline?  If not, why not?  Should I put a feature request against
> the war plugin into JIRA?

Currently the m2 war plugin has a mode config param which currently
supports 'war', 'exploded' or 'inplace'.  The exploded mode has
recently been deprecated since it breaks the install/deploy goals.
Since inplace also breaks the install/deploy goals I expect this to go
the same way.

Does everyone think it's wise to remove these different modes of
operation?  I understand they break the install/deploy goals, but
can't help thinking that removing them will break a lot more people's
in-development build cycle.

I know the build cycle for some of my projects will take considerably
longer (currently an extra 8secs) zipping up and deploying a 15mb war
into a container, which soon mounts up when you're doing it all day..
:(

Mark