I'm trying to use the Maven Artifact tasks for ANT.
We have an existing build structure which has several modules which share
the
same versions of various jar files.  Not all modules use all jar files.

My plan was this:
        1.  Create a parent pom file
        2.  Create a pom file for each individual module which inherits
from the parent
                3.  Use the ANT tasks to read the pom file, and then
determine the dependencies.

As with every maven project, you have this issue with when something in
the local repository
is outdated.  I'm guessing from what i've seen that something like
"4.0-SNAPSHOT" gets the
same treatment as "SNAPSHOT" in maven 1.0?  In that if it's newer in the
remote repository,
it will be transferred to the local repository.

However, even if that's the case, the very first build wouldn't have the
parent pom in the
repository, so I'm trying to get it there by calling artifact:install. But
when I do the following:

        <artifact:pom id="master-pom.xml" file="master-pom.xml" />

I get a NullPointerException way down in the .equals method of the
Repository class in
the wagon module.

This doesn't however happen if I load the child pom file (assuming the
parent file is
now in the repository).

It apperas to have something to do with the code that deals with "pom"
packaging, but
i'm not quite sure.

Is this a known issue, or am i doing something completely wrong?

I'm using the Beta-2-dep version of the artifact-ant jar file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Matthew Inger
Fiberlink Communications Corp
215-664-1723