Hi Tim,

May you try with something like this :
wrapper
+- core-api
+- core-test (depend only on api)
+- core-impl (with some test cases - depends on core-api and core-test the later with scope test) +- use-core-1 (depend on core-impl, depends on core-test at scope test - the test cases must not depend on core-impl's tests)
+- use-core-2 (...)

Then you move all the common test practices to the core-test project.

May that helps.

Regards,

Raphaël.

Tim Dysinger a écrit :

I have a "best practices" question.
I have a multi-project setup with three sub-projects.  Two of the
sub-projects have tests which subclass tests in the "core" project.
However, just having the sub-projects depend on "core" does not expose
the unit test code and the build fails with a compilation error.

If I put the unit tests into the src/java directory, then the eclipse
plugin generates duplicate source directories "src/java" in
the .classpath file.

I imagine that I could break out all the tests into other sub-projects
but that seems clumsy and would double the number of projects in my
multi-project setup.

How do I deal with this elegantly?

-Tim