On 9/28/05, andrew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Where I am having trouble is if I have a dependency that is not
> available on the central maven/ibiblio repository, or my local
> repository, but is available on my deployment repository. For example,
> when a colleague deploys a project that I do not have locally.

You should specify a repository in the project that needs to use it
(using <repositories>, similar to below).

FYI, if it is not something specific to the project but just something
you want to add, you can declare a mirror in settings.xml - this says
that the repository is ibiblio, but I want to use planetmirror, or
maven-proxy, etc.

Finally, the profile you have below should also work (you need to be
able to add this on some occasions - specifically when the parent that
specifies the repository to use is actually in the repository). I
think what you are lacking is a line to activate the profile.

The m2 installation has a commented settings.xml to use as a basis.

> Also, in previous m2 releases, when a dependency is not found m2 would
> provide a pre-filled-in command line snippet for install:install-file.
>          A nice hint so you could easily add it to your local
> repository. It no longer appears to do this. Is this by design?

I think its a bug - I already filed it this morning.

Cheers,
Brett