For JUnit it comes from faulty commons-digester pom.
I filled a bug report here : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MEV-106

Workaround is to modify commons-digester-1.5.pom in your local
repository and replace

    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
    </dependency>

by

    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>

You'll probably have to do it also for commons-logging 1.0 and
commons-beanutils (not sure for the last one).

--
Jean-Laurent