I have a pom with a profile defined in that specifies a local
repository, and disables the central repo.  How can I get m2 to honor
the profile?  No matter what I try it seems to ignore the profile and
goes and uses the central repo and ignores the local repository.

I have even tried passing "-P master_build" to m2 at the command line
and it still ignores it.

Am I just doing something wrong here?

Side note, not sure it matters...  I'm making use of the multi-projects
support of m2.  I have tried this profiles section in both the parent
and child pom's and it seems to make no difference what so ever.  No
matter what I do the profile isn't used.

MAR

The profiles section of my pom:
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>master_build</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault> (also tried just
<activeByDefault> )
      </activation>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>local</id>
          <name>Local repository</name>
          <url>http://localhost:8080/maven2</url>
          <layout>default</layout>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </snapshots>
          <releases>
            <enabled>true</enabled>
          </releases>
        </repository>
        <repository>
          <id>central</id>
          <name>Maven Repository Switchboard</name>
          <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
          <layout>default</layout>
          <snapshots>
            <enabled>false</enabled>