This is kind of a chicken and egg thing...I'm trying to find a way to
figure out my top level dependencies before I can use maven.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:16 PM
To: Maven Users List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: generate dependancies

Yes, the best approach here is with m2. You only need to enter the top
level dependencies, and it will gather the rest for you (assuming each
of those dependencies is already known in the repository). You can then
output that tree using -X and see what you get, much like the format you
described.

If you are uncertain of the versions you had, the md5 trick will help
you verify you are getting what you used to.

- Brett