From: Yann Le Du [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, 12 October 2005 7:22 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: [m2] Plugin release:prepare gives exception: 'isn't a
snapshot'

Hi Michael,

There is some doco here :
http://maven.apache.org/maven2/plugins/maven-release-plugin/

The Release plugin can do exactly what you need. However, the convention for a
trunk version is x.y.z-SNAPSHOT. So your scenario would rather be :

* your trunk version is 1.35-SNAPSHOT
* you call m2 release:prepare and specify tag name rel_1_35, which results in :
*     - rel_1_35 tag is created with version 1.35
*     - trunk version is changed to 1.36-SNAPSHOT
* you call m2 release:perform, which deploys version 1.35 from the tag

HTH,
Yann