Siegfried,
 The development team is actively working on m2 documentation, and I beleive
you will see lots doco will be available soon. Voting is going on dev list
load up new doco site layout
 However, I have seen lot traffic discussion about having a mojo to do
exactly what
your try to do by invoking java with classpath containing dependency
artifacts.
 Here are some links that my help
 http://mojo.codehaus.org/maven-execute-plugin/ deprecated
 http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Maven+Runtime
 Search the archive for "execute", i am sure you will find more info.
 Assume that the desired plugin/mojo is available, all you need is
a pom.xml + the plugin's configuration in the pom
 Hope it helps
 -D