Hi,

I am still having problems with release:perform.

I have tried to follow the source code, and this is what I think
release:perform does:

1. It checks out a version of a project, based on the values in
release.properties, which was created in release:prepare stage. This version is
checked out to target/checkout.

2. Uses 'org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.Commandline' (I can't get the source
code) to the run the M2 executable. This M2
runs the plugin defined by the 'goals' parameter (the default is 'deploy').

When I run release:perform (after a succesful release:prepare), step (1) works
okay, ie. it checks out the project to target/checkout.

Then, it seems to fail at step(2), with this error (just a snippet):

[INFO] [release:perform]
[INFO] Checking out the project to perform the release ...
Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
           (to execute a class)
   or  java [-options] -jar jarfile [args...]
           (to execute a jar file)

So, it seems to me the second M2 that runs the 'goals' isn't working properly.

Has anyone had same experience? (I am running on a Win2000 workstation)

Some things that look odd to me in the source code are:

- It tries to run m2, but on a Windows box shouldn't that be: m2.bat.
- The default goal is 'deploy', but shouldn't that be 'deploy:deploy'.

Hoping someone can help,

Michael

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright
material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended
recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act
in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of
them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any
attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may