On 10/18/05, Dietrich Schulten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> how does the m2 eclipse plugin determine the path where it looks for web
> app libraries when used for dynamic web projects?

all the jar dependencies of a web project are added as "var"
dependencies and fetched from the local m2 repo. if you run m2 eclipse
from a parent project and some of these dependencies are in the list
of compiled modules they will be added as a module dependencies
instead of jars.

> I have the problem that eclipse complains about a missing
> WEB-INF/classes classes folder, which seems to come from a "Web app
> library [artifact]" containing a my-webapp/WEB-INF/classes source path
> with a marker saying "(missing)".

This seems to be a problem with the eclipse server container classpath
entry: it always assumes you have classes in your webapp and it
reports this error if the classes folder doesn't exist (or if it has
not been created yet)

> Can anyone explain how m2 would insert jars into the web project so that
> they end up in the .deployables folder in such a way that they can be
> used for debugging right away?

Looking at your sample .project you don't have any dependency defined
in pom.xml (except for a test only dependency which is not included in
the war)... the plugin will not copy jars already in
src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/lib, these dependencies must be added "in the
maven way" to pom.xml

fabrizio