Jason van Zyl wrote:

> All right, I've flipped Archetype over to using modello so I can now
> generate the XSD.

cool! thanks.

> Maybe we can chat in IRC and go over scenarios for Cocoon as I would
> like to enhance Archetype deal with

sure. where ?

> I'm also working on a generator to make creating Archetypes really
> simple but there are a couple tricky bits there to figure out.

Yup an archetype.xml generator would be nice to have for bigger
archetypes. Alternatively you could allow resource filtering as said
above, making it easier to add a bunch of files in one go.
What are the tricky bits in your opinion ?

> I'd also like to specify the the parameters that can be used for
> interpolation as I want to integrate the Archetype mechanism into IDE so
> having some metadata about the parameters would help validate any input
> by the user.

Is it possible ATM to allow arbitrary parameters being interpolated ?
Ideally we would like to be able to customize as much as we can for the
archetype, so not only pom metadata. Or is this more suited for a plugin
instead ?

Regards
Jorg