I am trying to use maven for our build process, migrating from ant and other
script files that do our build currently

For deploying to an environment these are the steps that were taken.

1.      Tag the release
2.      run a script that would create a list of release differences with
respect to previous tag and current tag
3.      build and Deploy to production
4.      Send out notifications from  result of step 3.

I  have been able to use maven to perform the step 3 and I know 4 can be done.

I am not able to find out the plugin to perform step 1 and step 2. Step 2 can
be performed using the ant cvstagdiff ant task, is there a similar plugin for
maven.

Thanks for your feedback!

-barry