Thanks,

it works now.

Rico

Brett Porter wrote:

Was there any additional information about why it failed to find the
latest version?

This might correct itself if you try again (perhaps using -U to force
an update check).

- Brett

On 10/23/05, Rico (privat) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

I've made my first maven project with Maven 2.0 and got following error
while I've done described steps on getting started page with:

mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=com.cando.app -DartifactId=budget

[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.maven.archetypes
ArtifactId: maven-archetype-quickstart
Version: RELEASE

Reason: Unable to determine the release version
 org.apache.maven.archetypes:maven-archetype-quickstart:RELEASE:jar

Can anybody help with that error ?

Thanks in forward
Rico