regarding mevenide:
i've done some basic work on maven2 mevenidefor netbeans. I'm using the
embedder for that as well. it has some rough egdes but geneally works fine.
check my recent post to the dev list with details.

the current embedder is not release but I think Jason is very close to
releasing it soon.

regards

Milos Kleint