Hi Wilfried,

Maven 1
=======

Brett and me did some work for the maven 1 jaxb plugin @sf, but as neither of us is using jaxb with maven 1 at the moment it's a plugin with out a maintainer. Maven 2 has http://mojo.codehaus.org/xjc-maven-plugin/index.html.

If it's ok with Brett, I 'd put up this notice on the jaxb plugin website to and make a link to the maven 2 plugin.

However it shouldn't be hard to update the jaxb plugin to jswdp 1.6:
- checkout the latest version from the sf CVS.
- adjust the maven-jaxb-plugin version to 1.1.1.wilfried.1 (so your version doesn't collide with ours) (The current version in cvs is 1.1.1)
- adjust the dependencies's version
- make sure those dependency versions are in your repo
- maven plugin:install
- and try it out.

And if you send me the adjusted project.xml, I can update it and release a new version of the jaxb plugin for jswdp 1.6.

Maven 2
=======

It's probably more usefull to put your time into maven 2.
Checkout the xjc-maven-plugin and see if it's adjustable to using jaxb of jswdp 1.6.
Send that patch to its maintainer (Ashley Williams).

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet

Wilfred Springer wrote:
All,

Just to make sure: did anybody ever run into a Maven 2 JAXB plugin?
AFAIK, the only existing plugin is the one for Maven 1 and a JAXME
plugin at mojo.codehaus.org. I am looking for a JWSDP 1.6 based version.

Thanks,

Wilfred