On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 15:11 +0200, Anuerin Diaz wrote:
> maybe we can use http://wiki.apache.org/maven/ for a collaborative
> effort? there is no specific wiki site for maven2 but from what i can
> see that wiki is relatively unused by maven1.

Anyone is welcome to use the wiki but we have a decent pattern started
for the doco. People can help by adding to the FAQs, creating mini
guides and creating introductory guides. If they are placed in JIRA they
are usually processed pretty quickly. Full documents if they are new are
preferred and patches for everything else are greatly appreciated.
Patches get absorbed pretty quickly.

> finalized documents could then be promoted to the official site as the
> maintainers see fit. not everybody has ready access to the development
> branch so i guess there will be people who will benefit in this
> effort.

Unfortunately we don't have a very good work flow in place for this
right now and JIRA is your best bet at the moment.

> ciao!
>
> On 11/8/05, Richard Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I second that one. My biggest stumbling block so far with adopting Maven
> > has been lack of documentation. However, I do understand how difficult
> > it can be to get the docs written.
> >
> > Richard
> >
> > Alexander Hars wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Two weeks ago I wrote a significantly expanded Guide to Creating
> > > Archetypes. It was immediately posted to CVS, but it is still not
> > > available on the website.
> > >
> > > Is there some reason why the Maven2 site is not updated regularly
> > > (last update was 10/21). Shouldn't it be very easy using Maven2?
> > > I am sure that lots of  improvements have been made to the
> > > documentation in the last weeks.
> > >
> > > The documentation is really essential for all us newbies to Maven2 and
> > > it would help very much if you could update the site.
> > >
> > > Thank you very much
> > > Alexander

> --
>
> "Programming, an artform that fights back"
>
> Anuerin G. Diaz
> Registered Linux User #246176
> Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrivausers.org/index.php
> http://capsule.ramfree17.org , when you absolutely have nothing else
> better to do

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

 -- Unknown