hi,

   does the assembly:directory goal really need the project's
sub-module artifacts to be installed in the local repository before it
will assemble them? i am a little confused becase a couple of days ago
i dont remember needing to install the sub-module artifacts prior to
calling the assembly:directory goal.

    my project has a parent project that defines two sub-modules in
its modules element. module2 depends on module1. my assembly call now
fails when trying to package module2 because it couldn't  resolve
"my.app:module1:1.0:jar". invoking "mvn package" does not produce any
problem. while "mvn install assembly:directory" will work, i am
putting this as a last resort because this might  have some
implication on our version management.

    thanks.

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back"

Anuerin G. Diaz
Registered Linux User #246176
Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrivausers.org/index.php
http://capsule.ramfree17.org , when you absolutely have nothing else