Jason van Zyl wrote:
On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 22:08 -0500, David H. DeWolf wrote:

I'm developing a plugin which requires an ArtifactFactory and ArtifactResolver and am attempting to get them injected. I have tried two approaches:

@component role="org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactResolver"
@component role="org.apache.maven.artifact.factory.ArtifactFactory"

What are you trying to do exactly?

I'm attempting to create a plugin which will automate the installation of the Pluto Portalinto an app server. My requirements go beyond simply deploying the war as Pluto requires some configuration, integration with other webapps, and the deployment of shared and endorsed artifacts into the app server.

I currently have a version of the plugin that will complete this task when executed from within a utilities subproject (using the "just created" artifacts). I'd like to modify the plugin so that the installation can use artifacts in the repository so that users don't have to check out the source code first. I'd also prefer not to have the artifacts embeded within the plugin.

Thanks,

David

and

@parameter expression="${component.org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactResolver}"

@parameter expression="${component.org.apache.maven.artifact.factory.ArtifactFactory}"

It appears the later approach is appropriate for 2.0 and the former is appropriate for the current trunk, however, I've tried both and am having no luck with either approach.

Both approaches result in a NullPointerException which is hidden by a previously fixed bug in DiagnosisUtils (patch applied against the trunk) in which a secondary NullPointer is thrown if an exception message is null.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David