On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 10:31 +0100, Jörg Schaible wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> the reference guide defines the release and snapshot tags as children of the
> repository or pluginRepository tags. If I define them in my settings.xml,
> Maven claims that they are not recognized:

Can you point me at which reference guide so I can fix it, or better yet
put it in JIRA.

> [1] [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/Elsag/buildsystem/sample-maven-project
> $ mvn projecthelp:active-profiles
> Error reading settings.xml: Unrecognised tag: 'release' (position: START_TAG
> seen ...<repository>\r\n                    <release>... @23:30)
>   Line:   23
>   Column: 30
>
> [1] [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~/Elsag/buildsystem/sample-maven-project
> $ mvn projecthelp:active-profiles
> Error reading settings.xml: Unrecognised tag: 'snapshot' (position: START_TAG
> seen ...</release -->\r\n                    <snapshot>... @27:31)
>   Line:   27
>   Column: 31
>
> How do I define different repos for snapshot/release artifacts?

You can currently look at Maven's parent POM for an example:

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/maven/components/trunk/pom.xml?rev=329741

> - Jörg

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.