I'm am constantly battling the eclipse plugin in an attempt to consistently get direct project references. My latest headache is that direct references will only be generated if the latest snapshot versions match in the local deploy repository. But I want to work on the code /before/ I deploy. I have tests that are failing and cannot even deploy.

What I really want is to tell the eclipse plugin is:

"If the dependent project is in current reactor and its a snapshot dependency, ALWAYS create a direct project reference. Don't be concerned with what is in the repository."

Currently what I need to do in order to get the direct project references is to clear the deployment repository. This repository (i.e., our company repository) is currently on my local file-system, but I need to move it to a shared location. So I can't expect every developer each time they need to generate eclipse projects to clear the shared repository.

What I plan on doing is to modify the eclipse plugin so that it ignore the snapshot time-stamp if told. Is there any chance that this will get accepted by the maven team? Will I need to maintain a branch of the eclipse plugin for all time? Or is there a better way? Either to do what I want, or should I want something else?

--
barry kaplan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]