Yes, the private member vars are injected with values from the
configuration. That's how plexus works by default (plexus is the
underlying container Maven uses).

So, you have a POM with <packaging>uberwar</packaging>, and it's setting
the extension to 'uberwar'?

Or, is it that you have a dependency in another POM with
<type>uberwar</type>, and it's looking for a dependency artifact with an
extension of 'uberwar' rather than 'war'?

Sorry, I'm a little confused.

- -j

Nigel Magnay wrote:
| Yep - I'm pretty sure it's reading it as there is also a
| LifecycleMapping which is being used correctly.
|
| Are the private member variables supposed to get read set by some
| persistence mechanism from the configuration node ?
|

| On 11/17/05, John Casey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
|
| You're defining this components.xml in a plugin, right? Do you have
| <extensions>true</extensions> defined in the plugin reference within
| your plugin-user POM? If not, it will use a default artifact handler
| that has the same type as your packaging, and the same extension as your
| packaging...
|
| -j
|
| Nigel Magnay wrote:
| | Hello - I have been trying to follow the configuration for
| | ArtifactHandlers - I have  in my components.xml
| |
| | <component>
| |       <role>org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.ArtifactHandler</role>
| |       <role-hint>uberwar</role-hint>
| |

<implementation>org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.DefaultArtifactHandler</implementation>
| |       <configuration>
| |         <extension>war</extension>
| |         <type>war</type>
| |         <packaging>war</packaging>
| |         <language>java</language>
| |         <addedToClasspath>false</addedToClasspath>
| |       </configuration>
| |     </component>
| |
| | But, looking at DefaultArtifactHandler, the configuration never seems
| | to be used as there are only private member variables, and extension
| | defaults to be the same as the type, which will always be 'uberwar' (I
| | want it to be war).
| |
| | Am I missing something? Or is the intention to create your own subtype
| | of ArtifactHandler rather than using the Default (is the configuration
| | not implemented?)
| |