This sounds a lot like: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-381

Doug

Christian Schulte wrote:
Emmanuel Venisse schrieb:

yes, it's supported, but you need to have your module accessible from parent pom url with relative path.

if your parent pom url is http://server/path/rep1/parent/pom.xml
and module name is ../mymodule

then, http://server/path/rep1/mymodule/pom.xml must be a valid url

Emmanuel

Hi,

the checkouts seem to work but I have to specify the relative path to the pom.xml of the root module. I can do this in the gui of continuum but this setting gets ignored. I get the following exception for the root module although I configured the relative path of the pom to be SCF_FW_ROOT/pom.xml. So I thought continuum would use the pom from this directory (/opt/continuum/working-directory/1/SCF_FW_ROOT/pom.xml) but it does not. Did I do anything wrong ? Its not using the pom I told it to use and ignores the relative path setting to the pom.

753013 [Thread-1] ERROR org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController - Error while building project. org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorException: Error while mapping metadata. at org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.updateProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:91) at org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction.execute(UpdateProjectFromWorkingDirectoryContinuumAction.java:59) at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:169) at org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:53) at org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:103)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenBuilderHelperException: Cannot build maven project from /opt/continuum/working-directory/1/pom.xml. at org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.getMavenProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:265) at org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.mapMetadataToProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:89) at org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.updateProjectFromCheckOut(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:87)
       ... 5 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Could not find the model file '/opt/continuum/working-directory/1/pom.xml'. at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1061) at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFile(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:291) at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:283) at org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.getMavenProject(DefaultMavenBuilderHelper.java:257)
       ... 7 more
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /opt/continuum/working-directory/1/pom.xml (No such file or directory)
       at java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:55)
at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.readModel(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1056)
       ... 10 more

If I go into "/opt/continuum/working-directory/1" and do "ln -s SCF_FW_ROOT/pom.xml" to get the pom one level higher in the hierarchy things change and the pom is found. One thing I noticed is this:

169097 [Thread-1] WARN org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2 - Could not find the executable 'mvn' in this path: 169097 [Thread-1] WARN org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2 - "/opt/continuum/Distributions/maven-2.0/bin 169098 [Thread-1] WARN org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2 - /usr/local/bin 169098 [Thread-1] WARN org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2 - /bin 169098 [Thread-1] WARN org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2 - /usr/bin 169098 [Thread-1] WARN org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2 - /usr/X11R6/bin" 169099 [Thread-1] WARN org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2 - Executable 'mvn'. 169099 [Thread-1] INFO org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2 - Arguments: --batch-mode --non-recursive -Dscf.env=continuum clean install deplo
y site-deploy
169099 [Thread-1] INFO org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutor:maven2 - Working directory: /opt/continuum/working-directory/1

I can do "mvn" on the shell and mvn is executed correctly and also continuum is able to execute mvn. As far as I can tell everything seems to start working as soon as I move the pom in the working-directory to a place continuum wants to have it. The relative path setting gets ignored however.