I have a prototype of netbeans plugin that is able to load the pom.xml and
create a special project type for it. it's a conversion of th emevenide for
netbeans (that works for maven1) It's not even alpha yet though..

there is also a maven2 netbeans plugin at
mojo.codehaus.org<http://mojo.codehaus.org>,
I think it's more feature rich than the Wilfred's plugin. It was not
released yet AFAIK.

Regards

Milos Kleint