Hi,

I always need to run the eclipse plugin with a certain profile (some common
resources must be ignored, the eclipse plugin does not yet properly add common
resources outside project folders).

We defined a build profile that does not define this resource and activate it
using a role property on the commandline, like so:

mvn eclipse:eclipse -Drole=eclipse

Is it possible to set this property permanently within the plugin configuration?

Something like:

<plugin>
<artifactId>maven-eclipse-plugin</artifactId>
<configuration>
  <properties>
    <role>eclipse</role>
  </properties>
</configuration>
</plugin>

This particular syntax does not work, I tried it :-(

Regards,
Dietrich