Hi,

we want to write httpunit tests for a deployed war file.

How should we proceed? Obviously we cannot put the tests into the project that
creates the war artifact since we cannot test without the war file, and with
failing tests the war cannot be created.

We came up with the idea to create a new test project foo-deployment-test that
has a dependency pointing to the war artifactId. This should make sure  that

mvn install

in the top level succeeds. First the war should be installed, then the
deployment test should try to deploy it and run tests against it.

Our deployment tests use cargo to deploy to a tomcat. Cargo needs a file
location for the war.

Where should we look for the war? Is there a place where war dependencies end
up?